What We Do for YOU

Whether you need to amend your articles of incorporation to change your non-profit collective to a for-profit licensed cannabis business or need help deciding which business structure meets your operational requirements. Click on the below links for more information:

Call me today for a free thirty (30) minute Telephone Consultation to Discuss your Options.Call our office today (Toll Free) for a complimentary Telephone Consultation to Discuss your Options.  888-828-2483

Good News: all three state cannabis licensing authorities have announced on October 19, 2018 their respective 15-day notice of modification to text of proposed permanent regulations for commercial medicinal and adult-use cannabis have been posted online and are available to the public for review.

The three state licensing entities establishing regulations for the cannabis industry are:

Bureau of Cannabis Control – housed within the California Department of Consumer Affairs, the Bureau will license retailers, distributors, third-party testing laboratories and microbusinesses. https://bcc.ca.gov/

Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch – housed within the California Department of Public Health, MCSB will license manufacturers of cannabis products. This includes nearly all non-flower products (edibles, oils, tinctures, etc.) https://www.cdph.ca.gov

CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing – housed within the California Department of Food & Agriculture, CalCannabis will license cultivators and implement the state’s Track-and-Trace system to record movement of cannabis from seed to sale. https://www.cdfa.ca.gov

Our office has been serving the Cannabis Community since 2000. With more than 18 years of legal experience, our office are ready to help you succeed:

  1. To facilitate the formation of your very own For-Profit Cannabis Business (Retail – Commercial) as authorized under the Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act (“MAUCRSA”)  Click on a link for more specific information:
  2. What-are-the-types-of-cultivation-activity-licenses-available
  3. What are the Types of Manufacturing Licenses Available
  4. What Types of testing, Retailer, Distributor Licenses are Available
  5. Help your cannabis business maintain proper Regulatory Compliance with the MMP or MAUCRSA.


Copyright © 2010 – 2018 Law Office of Wolfgang Kovach, Inc., all rights reserved.


Please be aware that possessing, using, distributing and selling marijuana are all federal crimes and that this blog is not intended to give you any legal advice, merely legal issues to consider and inquire about when conducting business with a federally illegal substance. Please also note that even though marijuana is illegal under federal law, you will need to pay federal taxes as though you are a legal entity. This is true even if you are a state law not-for-profit entity.

IRS Circular 230 Notice: We do not provide tax advice. However, to insure compliance with certain U.S. Federal Tax Regulations, we are required to inform you of the following: To the extent this message or any attachments concern tax matters, they are not intended or written to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that might be imposed on the tax payer. Further, please be advised that to the extent this message or any attachments concern tax matters, they are not intended or written to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of promoting, marketing or recommending to any party any matters addressed herein.

Ratings and Reviews

Wolfgang KovachReviewsout of reviews